How To Festival
We realize the hybrid festival experience might not be something everyone is familiar with. So we’ve created this guide to make it easier for everyone to navigate the online festival experience and enjoy PAAFF 2020 from home.
Feature Film and Short Film Rentals
- Clicking on a film will allow you to view the director bio, film synopsis, and ticket options.
- PAAFF is offering specially priced festival passes. See what’s available here.
- All feature films and short film programs are available for individual rental.
- Our Opening (Americanish), Closing (A Sexplanation), and Centerpiece films (Waikiki, Wuhan Wuhan) have limited rental periods. Click the film to check the availability. PAAFF will not issue refunds if you miss the designated watch period.
- Each film has a different geoblocking region. You can find information on film geo-availability here.
- Note: All films can only be watched on a single device or browser. Once the film has been opened, it cannot be reopened elsewhere. See additional instructions in the bullet point below.
- Purchased your rental? Click here for additional instructions.
Live In-Person Programs
- The only in-person film programs this year will be Opening Night (Americanish) and Closing Night (A Sexplanation), which will be held at Asian Arts Initiative.
- All performance events will be held at Asian Arts Initiative.
- COVID-19 Protocols can be found here.
Live Filmmaker Q&As and Panel Discussions
- View the schedule here to see the full lineup of Filmmaker Q&As and Panel discussions.
- No tickets are required for these live events. Each event will live-streamed on our Facebook, and YouTube channels.
- The Q&As and Panel Discussions will start automatically and you won’t be able to rewind while it is being live-streamed.
- The live program recordings will be available on the PAAFF Youtube Page.