How To Festival
We realize the hybrid festival experience might not be something everyone is familiar with. So we’ve created this guide to make it easier for everyone to navigate the online festival experience and enjoy PAAFF 2022 from home and in-person.
In-person film screenings this year include Opening Night (Blind Eye Artist), Centerpiece (Aporia), Retrospective (Mississippi Masala) and Closing Night (Ricochet). In-person performances include PAPA’s Ensemble Gather Together In Their Name and a reading of The Elephant in the Room.
All events will be held at Asian Arts Initiative.
- Film programs and performances will be held in the blackbox theater.
- Libra Moon will be installed in the adjoining box office area facing Pearl St. and can be viewed throughout the duration of the festival.
- COVID-19 & Public Safety Protocols can be found here.
What to expect:
- The building’s front entrance has an ADA accessible ramp.
- Genderless bathrooms are located on the first floor.
- First floor windows do not open. If you need fresh air, please exit the building.
- Festival staff, venue staff, and event volunteers are available if assistance is needed.
- Primary language spoken by festival staff is English.
Films are accessible online through rentals. Once you begin watching a program, you will have 24 hours to complete it. For more information about supported browsers, availability, and geoblocking, see our rental instructions.
Feature Film and Short Film Rentals
- Clicking on a film will allow you to view the director bio, film synopsis, and ticket options.
- PAAFF is offering specially priced festival passes, which gives you online rental access to films. See what’s available here.
- All feature films and short film programs are available for individual rental.
- Rentals are geoblocked to Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Deleware.
- Note: All films can only be watched on a single device or browser. Once the film has been opened, it cannot be reopened elsewhere. See additional instructions in the bullet point below.
- Purchased your rental? Click here for additional instructions.
Livestream Filmmaker Q&As and Panel Discussions
- View the schedule here to see the full lineup of Filmmaker Q&As and Panel discussions.
- No tickets are required for these livestream events. Each event will livestreamed on our Facebook, and YouTube channels.
- The Q&As and Panel Discussions will start automatically and you won’t be able to rewind while it is being live-streamed.
- The live program recordings will be available on the PAAFF Youtube Page.